Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Benny Tudinos

622 Washington Street / 201-792-4132

Meet my BFF Benny. We’re tight. He serves by far and away the LARGEST slice of pizza I’ve ever seen. Not only is it the largest – but it is also one of the more delicious slices I’ve had in my life. I’m not going to call it the ‘B’ word yet—but I’m inching ever closer.

I have visited Benny Tudinos a number of times since this pizza tour commenced, all in the name of the contest of course, and am yet to leave feeling disappointed…or hungry. The pizza is spectacular – a substantial crust that crunches, flavored tomato sauce that isn’t too sweet, cheese…lots of delicious cheese and most notably the sheer magnitude of the slice. BT’s also offers a number of other dishes, but I am a loyal devotee to their pizza.

The only draw backs are some of the shadsters that this establishment employs. My little sister, 18, stopped in alone one Monday and was joined by a large, 30-something employee. He chose to plop himself down in her booth, uninvited, and comment on the color of her eyes. Then there’s Chelsea. Lovely Chelsea. Stumbling in quite often at 2am, she is often solicited for her phone number by Benny’s pizza makers. Yikes! So, I personally prefer to take my pizza to go. I walk down the street and as I maneuver the massive slice, people stop and stare in amazement. Then a few seconds later I hear, “where did she get that pizza?!?!”

No comments: